Friday, January 18, 2008

Anticipation and Allure

I've been thinking about some things the past few days. I'm an adventurer. I love the ideas and fulfillment of climbing mountains, white water rafting, rappelling, traveling to far away places and experiencing other cultures. I'm only a few days from taking another step toward a dream that I've had since I was a little girl. I get to go to Florence, Italy in just a few days. I've never been more excited, more ready for such an adventure. Yes, I'm scared about it. But there are a few things that I like to remember every time I start out on a new journey. One of them is what this blog is titled for. Psalm 139:9-10 says "If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." The other comes from Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." I'm ready to rise on the wings of the dawn and to settle on the far side of the sea, even if it is only for three months. I'd love to have your prayers and your love as my world becomes much tinier, scarier, and more wonderful. And I'm fine with not being able to see my future. I know it's in good hands.


Hop-scotching uphill in flip-flops, backpack on my back, and in a skirt in Dominica.
It's harder than it looks.



2 comments:

MM said...

Welcome to the world of blogging Sarah! I could not be more excited for you as you finally get to go to HUF! Studying abroad is by far one of the best experiences of your life, but beware that it will only wet your appetite for traveling and experiencing other cultures! You're going to have SUCH a great time, and I hope you'll keep us updated on here about what you're doing. Those of us stuck in the States can live through you! Have fun!

Alex Balin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.